Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Brewery Maps and New Pages

So, I didn't know how blogger worked when I first started creating the state brewery maps. I created them as pages, rather than posts, because I wanted them to always be accessible. However, blogger only lets you keep 10 pages. So since I'm almost at 10 states, I am going to start posting the maps so that I can use the pages for other stuff, like a best-of trailies page, an about me page, a page dedicated to good music from each state, and a list of beers and breweries I've tried.

Here are some other ideas I've thrown around in my head for what to do with the newly blank pages;
- A page dedicated to listing every digit of pi.
- A page where one of those computerized midi files plays Mary Had a Little Lamb on loop.
- A page where I explain how my closet is organized.
- A page with streaming video of the Salt Lake City public library.

I don't know, now that I've written them down, those don't look like the greatest ideas. Some things seem better in my head.

Anyway, I'll be posting the brewery maps, so if you hadn't seen them before, they are new to you. If you have seen them before, use them and get out to some breweries.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha love the idea for the streaming video of the library, but you are correct that it's destined to fail. Too much action - people won't be able to concentrate on the storylines. But a streaming video of the Salt Lake City public library with dubbed audio of Mary Had a Little Lamb and the digits of pi scrolling on a ticker across the bottom? Now THAT's an idea that will get some page hits.

    Also, I didn't include your explanations of closet organization in the new site because that idea is clearly strong enough to stand on its own. "Nick Talks Closets" is going to be the cornerstone of your new blog empire - no need to dilute it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick! Ryan recommended your blog to me and I've really enjoyed going through it. It is so awesome that you do this. Who knew you had this guitar-playing, beer-sampling, after-work alter ego. You're kind of like Superman...if, instead of flying, mild-mannered Clark Kent's superpower was a vast knowledge of obscure regional beers. Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say hi...and tell you that I am anxiously awaiting the post-wedding breweries of Torrance, California post. I believe Torrance is home to a grand total of one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, I like your idea but I'm going to skip the blog phase of"Nick Talks Closets" and go straight to a weekend evening hour long show on NPR.

    Megan, thanks for checking it out. Glad you are enjoying it. I'll post about California eventually. It might be a while, but eventually. What's the brewery in Torrance called? And, yes, I am just like Clark Kent, I care way more about my alter ego than my actual job.

    ReplyDelete