Friday, October 1, 2010

The United States Beer Trail

Lately I have been doing a lot of travel that has taken me many places around the U.S. and at each stop I have been trying to taste the local craft beer. After realizing that great beer is available almost anywhere you go in this country, I had the idea to explore each state's brewing history and breweries in the order that the states were admitted to the Union.

So I will be starting with Delaware and working my way to Hawaii, writing about beers from each state and finding some new favorites along the way. A small percentage of states produce a large percentage of the craft beer available, but I expect that every state will have something interesting and unique about how they contribute to the American craft beer culture.

I'm going to also include road trips and attractions that can be experienced near the breweries that I write about. So, anyone that is in search of great craft beer can enjoy the surrounding area and culture and anyone who is mainly looking for travel ideas can find refreshment though that same beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment